I'm not quite sure what exactly one is suppose to put on a blog or what the exact point of it is with all the other technologies around now a days, but what the hell. Here I am. And here are my stories. (This first one will probably be lengthy, sorry kids)
*So I had an extremely disappointing flight on United Airlines:
- Why? 1) No leg room 2) No free booze 3) No personalised movie screen in the seat in front of me 4) Not so good snacks or food 5) No good movies 6) No free booze.
- But there were a few good things. 1) I had an empty seat next to me to lie down 2) Twice I drank a mini bottle of wine, took a percoset and passed out 3) nope... only two good things.
- The house is pretty sweet. Big, nice leafy surroundings, good size bedroom/kitchen/living space. It is completely hollow though; you can hear EVERYTHING and EVERYONE ... which brings me to
- I am living with Asians: One chick, Jolie, from China and one Australian dude, Dennis. Both are SUPER nice and welcoming so it is hard for me to be judgmental, as I am, but come on... you all know me. I'M A JUDGER!! I guess it's just different and I'll get used to it. There is a new dude moving in today too, I think he is from Colombia; and I think another person, maybe Japanese moving into the last bedroom.
- I have spent most of my time thus far in my room watching movies and Arrested Development, sleeping, or talking on Skype to Brent. Good thing I like my room :)
- I hate birds. They are everywhere.
- It'd been raining so I haven't had much time to explore down to the beach or anything, but I went for a walk to the Uni yesterday. It only took me like 15 minutes to get there and its heaps hilly and pretty so that will be good for me once I start class. The campus is gorgeous, got approached by a creepy dude. So basically, like the UofM but with palm trees, streams, crazy looking birds and warm. As I was walking back, it started into a torrential downpour, so that was fun. Well, actually it was. I love running around in the rain :) It makes me happy.
- Beach is like a 45 minute walk, which is father than I thought, but oh well. I hope to make it over there soon, just to check it out even if its not 'lay out' weather. I just don't want to get stuck in the rain again. It is suppose to clear up by Thursday though.
- It's weird to be in a place where you have no idea where you are. No sense of direction for streets, businesses, etc. Hopefully I will figure it all out soon because it's quite the bother to my self-esteem. haha. Well crap, I was still lost in Minneapolis after living there for 6 years so perhaps I will be hopeless here too. No good.
- Brent. Yeah, a lot. It sucks that finally we got to a stage in our relationship where we were both ready to be with each other and then I ditched out and postponed that a year. I am really excited for everything that is to come in this year away, and I am not regretting coming I guess, but it still doesn't mean it's not hard.
- All my friends. I've had a quick chance to Gchat with MarieHot, hear a crazy sparklz story from SKK IV and I skyped a bit with Melej, but it's just not the same knowing I can't say hello face-to-face.
- Pteph. Haven't talked to her yet.
- Texting.
- The vernacular - it's fantastic.
- Lift - it is the most delicious sparkling lemon soda you will ever taste.
- Everything is ridiculously beautiful.
- I packed my weight in luggage - seriously, like within a few pounds.
- Double beds are not the same size as full-size beds in America. Thus, fitted bottom sheet, you do not fit.... dick
- I went to a movie Valentines day with Jolie and her Chinese friend - wow, I have never been IN the car with that horrible Chinese driver you always see and bitch at on the road - there was a brief moment where I feared for me life...
- I bought unlimited calling via skype to the US, so that means that I can call you all for free through my computer. sooooooo, if you get a call from an 'unavailable' number or 000-1234, its me! And you best answer or else you are off my call list.
YEAH, PRETTY SURE YOU ARE ALL SICK OF READING THIS BY NOW, SO I SHALL STOP. UPDATES TO COME SOON. BUT FOR NOW, ENJOY SOME LOVELY PHOTOS I TOOK WHILE WALKING AROUND THE UNI YESTERDAY......
..... uuuhhhh nope, apparently when I tried to upload them, I deleted them all. $!@%#&!#$
yeah, its going to be a good day.
I did come across this photo on BBC's 'Day in Pictures' - I hope it brings you as much joy as it brought me :)

"A man was arrested for an alleged breach of quarantine rules after getting off a flight to Australia with two live pigeons in his trousers."
Can you please update more than once a week! I think you have the time. Side note...I am wearing black athletic shoes to work today because my foot hurts. No one has noticed!!!
ReplyDeleteI second that, update more often.
ReplyDeletePoint of blog: keep all your family and friends in-the-know.
I plan on making you a silent movie today.